Saturday, June 23, 2012

Owl themed Baby Shower

Here is a peak at the Owl themed baby shower for a dear friend.  The colors where blue, aqua, orange, green, and brown- to match her nursery of course.
I made the "BABY" bunting out of scrapbook paper and accoridan folded stips of paper to make the medallion.
 This is a piece I made to decorate the table and use in her nursery as wall art. I made it out of pieced scrapbook paper. 
 Nichelle made an adorable cake but unfortunatly we live in hill country so it tipped on the way to my house, but I thought it was still adorable!!!  She made the dots using fondant.

 For the centerpiece I snagged some dead branches from a friends yard and took of  all the peeling bark, then I cut out leaves from cardstock and carefully hot glued them to the branch and natural spots to look like a fresh spring branch. This is also now being used in her nursery. It has kind of a fun whimsical look! For a personal touch, baby photos of the proud parents to be were clipped onto the branches.
*all these photos were taken by Tara at Forever Bliss Photography
 This is printable subway art that I made with some amazing free fonts I found on the internet. We customized it with the babies name, but this is generic.