I LOVE caramel apples!! Last fall a friend of mine, Jen Larsen, from our old ward made these for enrichment and they were to die for.......White chocolate caramel apples!!!! What could be better? I made a bunch to give away to friends.....my regret- that I did not keep more for myself!! I love these things!!
Tip- if possible make them in someone else kitchen....mine was covered in cinnamon, sugar, chocolate, and of course caramel!!!
2 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1 cube butter
1 cup light Karo syrup
- Bring to a boil.
- Add one can sweetened condensed milk
- Boil 10-15 min stirring constantly or until real hard ball
- Wait 3-5 minutes the roll apples in caramel(don't dip whole apple, just slightly around making a light coat.
- Place apples on a sprayed or lined cookie sheet
- Cool completely!
- Melt white chocolate and roll caramel apples in white chocolate (I drizzled white chocolate on mine in stead of coating the whole thing---either way is great.)
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture
- Return to cookie sheet to cool completely
note- the caramel recipes makes enough to cover 10-12 medium sized apples.